My Hp printer is offline
If you are a Windows 10 user, then the following steps will troubleshoot your issue-
- Search for devices from your Windows 10 Control Panel.
- Click on Printers & Scanners from the displayed devices.
- “Let Windows manage My Default Printer” option will be shown.
- Unselect it, if it is already selected.
- A list of available printers will be displayed now. From that list, select the printer which has the same name as your printer’s.
- Click on “Manage” option.
- In case, many printers are listed, select the one whose status is either online or idle.
- Now enter “Manage Your Device” option
- Click “Set as default”.
- Print a page to check if your printer on online now.
If you are a Windows 7 or a Windows 8.7 user, follow the given steps-
- In the control panel of your windows, search for installed devices.
- Open “Devices and Printers” option.
- Look for the name of the printer whose status is “Active”
- “Right-Click” on that active printer.
- Click on “Set As Default Printer”.
- Print a page to check if your printer is online now.
If the printer still remains “offline”, then follow these steps-
- How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi printer
- How to troubleshoot a USB printer
- How to troubleshoot a wired network printer