If your printer doesn’t detect pages, then these simple solutions can take you through this issue-
- Press the power button of the printer to turn it on.
- Disconnect the printer’s power cord attached at the back.
- Disconnect the power cord from the other end (i.e. the switchboard)
- Wait for 15 seconds
- Reconnect the power cord to its power source (the switchboard).
- Reconnect the power cord into the printer.
- Turn on the printer by pressing its power button.
- Load the set of properly aligned papers into the input tray.
- Slide the papers into the tray until they stop.
- Do not push the papers so badly that they tend to bend.
- Go to the printer’s control panel & try printing a page to make sure that it is working properly.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the Start Copy Black button & the Start Copy Color button at the same time.
- If the page prints, the issue is resolved.
If your printer still doesn’t detect papers, then follow step II.
- Check the condition of the paper (it should be plain & smooth)
- Check for obstructions inside the paper tray & remove them.
- Remove the damaged papers but make sure that your paper set has at least 10 but at most 25 smooth papers.
- Make sure that all the papers are of the same size & type.
- Align the stack of papers.
- Load papers into the input tray until they stop.
- Try printing the page from the control panel to examine whether the issue is resolved or not.
My HP printer doesn’t pick up paper from the input tray
To get more information related to printer problems to connect with us for hp printer help